So I’m finally done with Christmas shopping! But after I bought my last few gifts, the cold, hard reality set in: I have to wrap them. Little did I know how difficult that would be.
Not to worry. With some trial and error, I finally figured it out! So here’s an easy step-by-step guide to wrapping your holiday gifts like a pro!
What you need
- Gift box
- Clear tape
- Wrapping paper
- Flat surface
- Bow (optional)
1. Unfurl enough wrapping paper to cover the gift, with enough wrap to fold over the edges of the gift. Many gift wraps have a grid on the reverse to guide you in wrapping. Line up the lines on the grid with the gift wrap.
2. Fold each seam to the middle of the gift and tape in place.
3. By now, you should have gift wrap left over on either end of the box. Fold the edges of these leftovers inwards, creating a trapezoid.
4. Fold this trapezoid toward the box, making sure to crease and fold tightly. Tape these edges down.
5. Repeat for the other side, making sure all edges are taught. This is essential, as any loose gift wrap can catch onto other gifts, causing a tear in the gift wrap.
6. Tape down any other loose edges.
7. Turn the box over and affix a tag to the top. This will be the front of your gift. Add a bow to finish, if you wish.
Now, repeat for all your other gifts. With these tips, I didn’t have to be embarrassed that my terrible wrapping would be overshadowed by my wonderful gifts!