We hope you love the products we recommend! Just so you know, Trendy Mami may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page.
I just love sitting by the fire and sipping on some hot chocolate with some marshmallows. The perfect trifecta of holiday goodness.
Usually, I don’t bat an eye as I mix in my instant powder with water. That is, till I thought to myself I could make some hot chocolate on my own! It’s way less “artificial” than you think, and a lot richer than instant powder. Thanks to Honest & Tasty for this recipe.
Hot chocolate ingredients
- 1 cup whole milk (or non-lactose alternative)
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 heaping teaspoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- Handful of marshmallows (optional)
- Candy canes (optional)
- Hot chocolate topper (optional)
- Heat milk in a small saucepan over medium-low heat until hot (take caution that it doesn’t boil over).
- Mix in the sugar, cocoa powder, and salt. If there are little lumps of the cocoa that haven’t fully dissolved, use the back of your spoon against the side of cup to crush them in.
- Pour into mugs to serve. Top with marshmallows, candy canes, a hot chocolate topper, or — if you’re feeling ambitious — all three!
That was way too easy. Now you no longer have to rely on instant powder to make your holiday memories!