We hope you love the products we recommend! Just so you know, Trendy Mami may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page.
Out of all the Nutella snack ideas out there, this one has to be the most decadent. In just one hour, you can have a crunchy Nutella snack made with a rich hazelnut spread creamy mascarpone filling!
If you’re craving something sweet, chocolatey, and nutty at the same time, then we have the perfect dessert for you! This Crunchy Nutella Snack is part crunchy cake, part hazelnut spread, and 100% delicious.
It uses two of our favorite Italian ingredients – Nutella hazelnut spread and mascarpone cheese. The richness of the hazelnut chocolate is lightened up by creamy scoops of mascarpone, making this one of our favorite Nutella snack ideas to whip up at home. But don’t take our word for it! Pop this baby in the oven and enjoy a warm slice of this Crunchy Nutella Snack and decide for yourself!
Crunchy Nutella Snack Recipe
- 380g flour (plus some additional for sprinkling)
- 440g water
- 2 tbsp powdered sugar
- Nutella chocolate spread
- 2-3 tbsp olive oil
- Corn flour
Crunchy Nutella Snack Recipe:
- Start by preheating your oven to 390°F or 200°C.
- In a large baking bowl, toss in half of the flour and half the water and mix together. These Nutella snack ideas require an even, thoroughly mixed batter, so we will only add a little bit at a time. Continue adding water and flour until everything is blended.
- Add the powdered sugar to the batter and mix together. Although this dessert is naturally sweetened by the chocolate spread, adding a bit of powdered sugar gives it a nice confectionary finish.
- Prep your pizza tray (or any other baking dish) by pouring a bit of oil on the bottom of the pan. You can use a basting brush to make sure the entire surface of the tray is covered (including the sides).
- Sprinkle some flour over the pizza tray. Feel free to spread the flour by tapping the sides of the pan until the entire surface is covered. This will prevent the dessert from sticking to the bottom of the pan once it has been baked.
- Pour or ladle only half of the batter into the bottom of the pizza tray. Tilt the sides of the tray until a thin, even layer of batter coats the bottom.
- For this next step, we will be adding our two favorite ingredients, the Nutella and the mascarpone. Using a spoon or knife, drizzle the Nutella spread over the top of the batter. You don’t want to cover the entire top completely, nor do you want to mix the Nutella spread with the batter. Just a light back and forth pattern of Nutella should do the trick.
- Take the mascarpone and scatter little chunks (roughly teaspoon size) around the batter (they don’t need to be mixed together). Depending on how creamy you want the desert, you can add as much or as little as you like.
- Once you have added the Nutella and mascarpone, pour the remaining half of the batter on top of the tray. Don’t worry if it doesn’t cover the toppings completely.
- Sprinkle an even layer of corn flour over the mixture.
- Now, drizzle 1 or 2 tablespoons of olive oil over the cake batter. It doesn’t have to evenly coated – just a pour around the batter is fine.
- Place the pizza tray into the oven and bake for 50 minutes. Out of all the snacks to make with Nutella, this one takes a while – but trust us – the end result will be worth it!
- After the timer goes off, you’ll need to readjust your oven settings to fan mode at 430°F or 220°C. Then bake the cake for another 10 minutes. You’ll see that the desert has a nice golden-brown color when it’s finished.
- Take it out of the oven and let it cool on the counter for 5 or 10 minutes.
- To finish, dust a little bit of powdered sugar on the top. Slice, serve, and enjoy this mouthwatering Nutella treat!
There are plenty of tasty snacks to make with Nutella, but this one takes the cake (quite literally!) It’s the perfect amount of crunch and creaminess that is guaranteed to satisfy your sweet tooth.
We love using store-bought Nutella, but if you don’t have any on hand, then you can whip up your own decadent hazelnut spread. This recipe walks you through how to make a homemade Nutella spread right from the comfort of your kitchen. You can use this spread for a variety of other Nutella snack ideas!
If you’re still craving something sweet after making this dish, then check out our other dessert recipes, like these quick and easy chocolate bites or this ultra-creamy chocolate lava cake with a fragrant passion fruit sauce.