Are you ready for a seriously delicious veggie recipe that is versatile and can be enjoyed at any time of the day? Try this healthy croquette recipe!
Introducing our delicious, healthy and vegetarian friendly croquettes. They’re crispy on the outside, soft on the inside, and packed full of veggies! These guilt-free cakes are perfect for a nutritious and savory breakfast, or a simple healthy side dish. Moreover, they’re great as a hot and savory snack, and of course, their petite size makes them the perfect go-to for little appetizers too! So, whether you’re looking for a healthy savory breakfast that you can meal prep for the week, or looking for a tasty appetizer to whip up for a party. These healthy croquettes are the perfect choice!
Healthy Croquette Recipe
For veggie pulp:
- 3 celery sticks
- 1/2 fennel
- 1 carrot
- 1 apple
- 1 egg
- 2 cups cauliflower (must be precooked and cooled)
- 1-2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tbsp rosemary (fresh or dried)
Note: If you are looking for a great place to get veggies, Farm Fresh to You, is a great place to get vegetables and fruit! It get’s delivered right to your door.
For the breading:
- First, in a food processor, combine your veggie pulp (celery sticks, fennel, carrot and apple), egg, cooked cauliflower, salt and black pepper together.
- Then, if using fresh rosemary, take your rosemary and cut it up thinly.
- Add flour (optional) and rosemary to your food processor and blend.
- Once mixture is blended, take this mixture and place into a bowl.
- Next, using a 1/8 measuring cup, take even portions of the mixture and place it in breadcrumbs.
- Using your hand, flatten the equal measurements of mixture and roll them in the breadcrumbs.
- Once covered in breadcrumbs, place them on a separate plate.
- Then, repeat until all of the mixture is flattened and covered in breadcrumbs.
- Next, heat up a fry pan, add olive oil and begin to fry your healthy little croquettes. Cook for 1-2 minutes, each side.
- Lastly, serve and enjoy!
In conclusion, we hope you enjoyed our article on this super delicious healthy croquette recipe!
In addition, are you looking for a healthy breakfast option for your little tot? Try out our nutritious fluffy butternut squash pancakes, ready in just 15 minutes!
Love trying out new healthy recipes in the kitchen? Give our gluten-free chocolate chip and apple muffins a go!