We hope you love the products we recommend! Just so you know, Trendy Mami may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page.
Above all else, this apple muffin recipe is one of our time tested favorites, along with our apple cake recipe. Additionally, it only takes 10 to 15 minutes to throw together and another 25 minutes to bake. Even if you’ve never baked apple muffins before (or any dessert at all), we know that you can tackle this easy-to-follow recipe and have delicious apple muffins in just under an hour.
For those of you looking to upgrade home appliances, check out Sharp for some of our favorites.
Apple Muffins Recipe
- 1 apple
- 50g of butter or vegan butter
- 60g of brown sugar
- 80ml milk
- 130g flour
- 3 tsp of baking powder
- 1 egg
- 2 dashes of cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- Powdered sugar
How to Make Apple Muffins
Whipping Up the Ingredients
- Preheat the oven to 350°F or 180°C.
- For the dry part of this apple muffin recipe, use a flour sifter or fine-meshed strainer to sift 130g of flour into a medium-sized bowl. The sifter breaks up any lumps you may have in the flour while also making it easier to combine with other ingredients.
- Add the baking powder to the bowl with the flour. You can also use a sifter it ensure the baking powder is clump-free.
- Add the brown sugar to the bowl with the baking powder and flour.
- Sprinkle a small amount of salt into the dry ingredient bowl. Use a spatula or spoon to gently stir the dry ingredients together until everything is thoroughly mixed.
- In a separate bowl start the wet portion of the apple muffin ingredients. Separate the egg yolks from the egg whites using an egg white separator. If you don’t have one, you can still separate the yolks using the cracked eggshells. Break the eggshell into two even halves and then transfer the yolk back and forth while allowing the whites to drip out into the bowl.
- Add the separated yolk to the bowl with the dry ingredients.
- Using a hand blender or whisk, beat the separated egg white in a separate bowl until thick and firm. The whites should be stiff enough to stand on their own. Then, put the bowl to the side.
- Add the milk into the bowl.
- Using a hand blender or whisk, blend the dry ingredients with the egg yolk and milk until a the batter is thick and crumbly.
- Add the softened butter to the bowl. Continue to blend using the hand mixer until the ingredients in the batter are mixed.
- Add the whipped egg whites to the mixture. Continue to blend using the hand mixer until the ingredients in the batter are smooth. The batter should have a thick but liquid texture.
- Peel the apple and remove the seeds and core.
- Slice and chop ¾ of the apple into small cubes.
- Add the chopped apple into the batter. Mix using a spatula or spoon to incorporate all the ingredients together.
- Sprinkle the cinnamon over the batter. Mix using a spatula or spoon to incorporate all the ingredients together.
Assembling the Muffins
- Line the muffin pan with paper or silicone holders. If you don’t have any, you can grease the inside of the muffin pan with oil or butter.
- Spoon the batter into the individual muffin containers. You don’t want to fill the batter all the way to the top because the dough will expand when cooked. Ideally, the batter should fill ¾ of the muffin container.
- Take the remaining ¼ of the apple and cut it into thin slivers.
- Place two or three slivers of apple on top of the dough on each muffin container.
- Place in the oven and bake at 350°F/180°C for 25 minutes, or until dough is thoroughly cooked. You can insert a toothpick or knife inside the center of the apple cinnamon muffins to check if they are done. If done, the blade or toothpick should be dry, with moist crumbles. However, if the knife or toothpick is still wet, then the muffins should cook for a few minutes longer.
- Remove the muffins from the tin, and let sit on a cooling rack or plate for 5-10 minutes.
- Using a sifter or strainer, sprinkle the powdered sugar over the cooked apple muffins.
- Lastly, take a big bite and enjoy the delicious flavors of your gourmet apple cinnamon muffins!
Is your mouth watering yet? We hope so! Then, all you have to do is give this apple muffin recipe a try, and you’ll see why it’s quickly becoming one of our favorite desserts to make. Next, try making our Pumpkin Almond Cake Recipe. Also, if you’re looking for a gluten-free alternative to these muffins, make sure to check out our recipe for quick and easy gluten-free muffins with apples, chocolate chips, and walnuts.
So the next time you’re looking for a sweet mid-afternoon snack, whip up these mouthwatering apple cinnamon muffins. Best of all, your tummy (and your family) will thank you!