We hope you love the products we recommend! Just so you know, Trendy Mami may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page.
We understand that recently due to the COVID-19 pandemic people have been spending a lot more time getting their hands dirty in the kitchen. Whether it be because groceries are scarce, having more time on their hands or pure boredom from being stuck inside. Whatever the reason, improving your cooking skills is a great and productive way to spend this time at home. If you’ve been looking for a recipe for vegan ice cream, you’ve come to the right place! Check out our recipe for vegan ice cream, made two ways. Trust us, this delicious homemade vegan ice cream will win the whole family over.
Vegan Ice Cream Recipes
1. Chocolate Hazelnut Coconut Milk Based Ice Cream
- 1/2 can (200g) full fat coconut milk (make sure it’s cold from the fridge)
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 1 can (13.5 oz) full fat coconut milk
- 3 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup of hazelnuts
- In a pot pour 1/2 a can of coconut milk and 1/3 cup of sugar. Bring to a light simmer for 30 mins. You know it’s ready when the milk is reduced by half and it’s thick and almost transparent.
- Place in an airtight container after it has cooled down and store in freezer for 1 hour, (make sure it doesn’t freeze but it gets to a cool temperature) move it to the fridge when it’s cold and has reached the condensed milk consistency.
- Take 1 can of coconut milk from the fridge and pour into a mixer to beat the coconut milk until it is thick, fluffy and creamy.
- Add the ice cream mixture and mix until it gets to a fluffy whipped cream texture (2 mins).
- Add the flavoring of your choice and store in the freezer for at least 30 mins.
- Using a spatula, mix the ice cream base together with 3 tbsp of unsweetened cocoa powder and 1/3 cup of hazelnuts.
- Scoop away and serve!
2. Raspberry Ripple Banana Based Ice Cream
- 3 ripe bananas, sliced and frozen
- 2 tablespoons coconut milk
- 1 vanilla bean
- 1/2 cup frozen raspberries
- Place the bananas, coconut milk (you can replace with other nut milk if you wish) and vanilla bean into the food processor and blend until smooth.
- Add the raspberries and pulse the mixture to gently break the berries. Then, continue with a spatula.
- You can serve right away or freeze for 30 minutes for a firmer texture.
We hope you enjoyed this recipe for vegan ice cream and decide to try out this recipe for homemade vegan ice cream in your own kitchen! If you enjoyed this recipe and are interested in trying more vegan recipes, be sure to check out our vegan and gluten free cookies! These make a great on the go snack or breakfast for kids. In addition, these cookies are easy to customize with different toppings, nuts, or fruits. We also have a vegan strawberry cheesecake recipe as well that is quick, easy, and delicious.