We hope you love the products we recommend! Just so you know, Trendy Mami may collect a share of sales or other compensations from the links on this page.
If you’re gluten free or just looking for ways to eat healthier, try our delicious gluten free wrap! Store-bought wraps can be bland and loaded with unhealthy ingredients. But these homemade wraps are simple and packed with protein-rich lentils. Plus, they’re super easy to make and, in our opinion, more flavorful! If you thought you’d never sink your teeth into a tasty gluten free wrap – think again! This recipe makes the best gluten free wraps you’ll ever have!
Ingredients for the Gluten Free Wrap:
- 1 cup of Lentils
- 2 cups of Water
- Salt (optional)
- An Immersion Blender
- A pan (ideally non-stick)
- A Spoon
- A spatula
Instructions to Make the Best Gluten Free Wraps:
- In a bowl, add 1 cup of lentils and 2 cups of water. Sprinkle with a pinch of salt, and give the entire mixture a stir with your spoon.
- We’re going to let the lentils soak until they become soft. This could take anywhere between 2 and 6 hours. When they’re ready, they should be soft and easy to break with your fingers or spoon.
- Once all the lentils have been soaked, we’ll blend them into a paste with the immersion blender. This may be a bit difficult at first, especially if there isn’t a lot of liquid in your bowl. But keep blending until you have a paste-like batter made from the lentils. For the smoothest gluten free wrap, make sure there aren’t any clumps or lentil chunks.
- Now, add a bit of oil to your pan. Heat the pan on medium-high until it’s completely warmed up.
- Fill up your spoon with the lentil batter and pour it into the hot pan. Use the back of the spoon to flatten out the batter until it’s even.
- After a few minutes, the edges should be slightly brown. Once this happens, you can flip over the wrap with your spatula.
- Let the wrap cook on this side for another few minutes.
- Don’t worry if you burn the first few. It takes a while to get a feel for the cooking time. Thankfully, your batter yields 9 or 10 wraps, so you have plenty of wraps to practice on!
- Now that your wraps are cooked, you can add your favorite ingredients. For a high-protein and low-calorie snack, we recommend using yogurt and fresh vegetables. Tomatoes, cucumbers, and carrots add a fresh crunch that tastes amazing with the lentil flavor!
- If you aren’t ready to eat yet, the wraps can be stored in a Ziploc bag and placed in the fridge or freezer. Just make sure to add a sheet of parchment paper in between each one, so they don’t stick to each other.
Who said that gluten free foods couldn’t be delicious? This lentil gluten free wrap proves all those nay-sayers wrong! They’re so good that we’re positive even gluten-lovers will prefer them over normal, store-bought wraps. For more gluten free recipes, check out our gnocchi and zucchini pasta recipes. And for dessert, why not whip up some homemade gluten free muffins or vegan oatmeal cookies?