We hope you love the products we recommend! Just so you know, Trendy Mami may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page.
With the current COVID-19 pandemic, grocery stores’ stock has become scarce. Essentials such as bread, milk, rice and flour are surprisingly hard to get your hands on. So, try making your own bread with this milk bread recipe. There are also a lot of other healthy reasons to start baking your own bread. These include the guarantee that your homemade bread is fresh, free from harmful preservatives, that the wholefood ingredients are 100% wholefood and not to mention, you can bake your bread with whatever you like and whatever mix of healthy supplements you wish (or not).
With that being said, before you start scouring the internet for bread recipes, save yourself the time and energy by checking out our full proof milk bread recipe here! Or, if you don’t have the time to make your own bread, Stonewall Kitchen has some baking kits that are much easier to follow!
Milk Bread Recipe
What You Need:
- 350g Flour
- 150g Manitoba Flour
- 7g Yeast
- 60g Sugar
- 7g Salt
- 200g Milk (room temperature)
- 50g Butter
- 1 Egg
- 20g Milk
- Olive Oil (optional)
- Plastic Wrap
What To Do:
- Melt the butter and let it cool a bit.
- Sift the two different flours together along with the yeast, sugar and salt.
- Add milk and mix until all the ingredients are combined, then knead with your hands for 10 mins.
- Add the melted butter and knead with your hands for another 10 mins.
- Take the dough out of the bowl and continue kneading on a flat surface for an additional 15 mins. Wet your hands with olive oil if the dough feels a bit dry.
- Form the dough into a ball and place in a buttered bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Store inside the oven for 2 hours.
- After the time has passed, knead the dough again to remove all the air bubbles and divide into pieces of 30g each.
- Knead each piece of dough into a ball and place onto a silicone mat on top of a baking tray.
- Brush the top of the dough balls with egg yolk mixed with 20g of milk.
- Let the buns rest for another 30 mins then bake them in the oven at 395°F/200°C for 12-13 mins.
- Remove from the oven after the time has passed and allow the bread rolls time to cool down before serving.
- Serve and enjoy!
We hope you enjoyed our milk bread recipe and that our video tutorial could provide you with a little extra help in the kitchen.
Want to do some more baking whilst in isolation? Possibly something to get the kids involved and get their brains stimulated by something other than Netflix? Try out this apple cake recipe, that’s perfect for baking with the kids!
Maybe you can’t be bothered cooking whilst in isolation, that’s fine too! Check out our Freshly review, this weekly subscription meal service will make your life in a whole lot easier. Say goodbye to the torturous weekly grocery shops, preparing and cooking your meals; Freshly does it all for you!