So you have your turkey. You have your gravy. What’s missing? Could it be any more obvious? Mashed potatoes are a staple at any holiday dinner. Besides, what were you going to do with all that gravy?
Here’s a simple recipe for creamy garlic mashed potatoes you can have with your turkey gravy, or — if you’re not into gravy — all by itself. Thanks to Food Network for this recipe.
- 3 ½ lbs. Russet potatoes
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 2 cups half and half
- 6 cloves garlic, crushed
- 6 ounces grated parmesan cheese
Mashed Potato: Directions
- Peel and dice the potatoes.
- Place potatoes in a saucepan. Cover with water and add salt. Bring the potatoes to a rolling boil. Cook until potatoes fall apart when poked with a fork.
- Heat the half and half and garlic in a saucepan over medium heat until simmering. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Remove the potatoes from the heat and drain off the water. Mash and add the garlic-cream mixture and parmesan; stir to combine. Let stand for 5 minutes so that mixture thickens. Serve.
Thanks to this creamy mashed potato recipe, you too can enjoy some potatoes with your meal this holiday season — or year round!